PITCH YOUR STARTUP
No one achieves their dream without asking for help. Pitch your start up helps you ask for help.
Investors, customers, partners, targeted- talent, government stakeholders are all sources of help.
Because Startups have new ideas, getting people on board is a big challenge. Pitch Your Startup enables you to clarify what the audience needs to hear, develop a strong message, organize your ideas into a structure they want and use the super powers of stories to be trusted.
Through this workshop you develop your idea into a full pitch that can be take on the road as-is, or adapted to the various audiences you meet.
Asking for help means more than show your idea has value, you must also build trust that you can execute your plan. PYS workshop builds the core pitching skills and mindset:
- Deliver to their ideas by answering the question, WHAT’S IN IN FOR YOU?
- Deliver a single strong MESSAGE that resonates with your audience.
- Focus your pitch on the CORE TOPICS your audience wants to learn about
- Build rapport trust that you will deliver on your plan with FOUNDING STORIES and CLARITY STORIES.
- Use Q&A to improve your connection with your audience through ANTICIPATION AND PREPARATION.
Before attending the workshop, participants complete a short piece of pre-work. The results of the pre-work are integrated with the program materials. The good news is that the pre-work will take no longer than 10-12 minutes.
PART 1 | FOUNDATIONS
- WIIFY – Making the audience the center of your pitch
- Messaging – The single idea they must remember
- Business Storytelling – Connecting and influencing
- A Quick Pitch
PART 2 | YOUR PITCH
- The Problem
- Your Solution
- The Business Model
- The Competition
- Your Team
- The Funding
- Your Marketing Plan The Tiger’s Den
- Putting it all together in a 4 minute pitch
PART 3 | USING PITCH STORIES
- Pitch story components
- Pitch story type 1 – Founding
- Pitch story type 2 – Clarity Stories
- Round Robin, sharing your pitch stories
PART 4 | PUTTING IT ALL TOGETHER
- Q&A – Being ready for anything
- Putting it all together
|Duration||1 or 2 Days|