STORYTELLING FOR LEADERS
SFL provides storytelling skills that can be applied immediately to influence and persuade
Prospects need to know certain things about you. How can they trust you, how have you helped others, what difference did your offering make to other people. All of these are best answered through Sales Stories.
Through this workshop you will be able to enhance your ability to connect better with prospects and demonstrate both value and differentiation.
You will also plan your next approach to a prospect and strategically decide which stories to share and when.
Through this workshop you develop your idea into a full pitch that can be take on the road as-is, or adapted to the various audiences you meet.
Sales stories connect you to your prospects and show how you will help them.
SFS workshop help you learn how to tap into sales story power:
- Communication – how to get your message to STICK
- Overcoming entrenched views – how to change behavior using INFLUENCE STORIES
- Building rapport through CONNECTION STORIES
- Insight and empowerment – how to understand
what’s really going on – STORY – LISTENING AND SENSEMAKING
- How to connect people with the big picture
– CLARITY STORIES and how to engage customers
in co-creating them
- Communicating business value using SUCCESS STORIES.
Before the workshop, everyone completes 10 minutes of pre-work that is integrated into the program materials.
PART 1 | FOUNDATIONS
- Why stories matter in business
- How business storytelling is different
- Showing how everyone is a storyteller (even the numbers people and or techies)
PART 2 | BUILDING RAPPORT
- Connection Story pattern to introduce yourself, build rapport and show your character
PART 3 | BUILD CREDIBILITY
- The 5 things a business story needs.
- The key skill of spotting stories
- Building the story collection habit
PART 4 | DEMONSTRATE VALUE
- The importance of communicating the big picture first.
- Clarity stories
- Strategy stories
PART 5 | ASK FOR THE BUSINESS
- Why it’s hard to change minds
- Tackling anti-stories using the Influence
- Story pattern
PART 6 | PUTTING IT ALL TOGETHER
- The downside of case studies
- Using the Success Story pattern
PART 7 | PUTTING IT ALL TOGETHER
- Story work is more than storytelling
- Story-listening – how to get other people to share their stories
PART 8 | PUTTING IT ALL TOGETHER
- While everyone practices throughout the day, Part 8 uses stories to tackle real life scenarios from participant’s own lives.
- In groups practice sharing stories.
- Establish the Deliberate Practice Program.
- Setting up the 30-day follow up conference call.
- Wrap up & certification
|Duration||1 or 2 Days|